Thursday, September 18, 2008

Clara Dress

Here's the story behind the Clara Dress. I saw this little dress (in the Soak ad) as I was leafing through a knitting magazine at work. That is to say my old job - - certainly not this new gig. ANYWAY, one of the nurses saw it and asked who I was going to make it for, my reply was that I didn't really have anyone in mind (as is true for a lot of the baby knitting that I do) she said she'd buy the pattern/yarn and I could make it for her new granddaughter. So I was suitably hooked up. She ordered it, delivered it to me and presto. The Clara Dress was born. It was challenging, required much frogging, and much concentration, it wasn't TV knitting. It turned out great, those of you who knit, may notice a few small boo-boos near the bottom center. I'm considering making it again in a baby yellow with cotton yarn so that it looks more like the Soak ad itself. Enough. Photos.
And a close up - check out that gift tag/washing instructions, cute huh? I snagged it from a fellow raveler. This photo shows the true color, a nice celery?
AND I've completed all the ISU sweaters. AND I'm working on dishclothes and the "Better Bucket Hat" with my new-favorite yarn, Malabrigo. YUM.

5 comments:

Libby said...

It is really cute. I didn't notice any boo-boos.

Looks like you have some comment spam. :-(

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Aim!!
i didn't notice the boo boo, and still don't know where it is ??

what's blogger spam ?
it's very lacey, was it hard to do?

biddy

Anonymous said...

aim nice as usual

hanna

Unknown said...

Need this pattern. Is there any way I can get it from you?

Anonymous said...

me too. i'd love to get the pattern...but not really willing to buy the kit. i want to choose my own yarn. would you share? gorgeous job, btw!