Friday, July 10, 2009

Knitting Continues



Originally uploaded by aylounsberry

This cute little hat is from a Ravelry pattern called Toasty Topper. I made if from orange and navy wool from the yarn closet. It's made according to the pattern with only a few modifications - if you look at the comments listed for the pattern you'll see that the short rows should/can be done in the reverse order, 21, 14 and 7. It was a quick knit and turned out cute. I hope the parents of the little Chicago Bears fan like it.

I also made this cute little hat, again from a pattern called Cozy on Ravelry. I made it with 3 colors of Cotton Ease and lined it with white fleece for softness and warmth.

I made the Women's Day Sweater from 1968? A pattern that a fellow Raveler so kindly lent me. It's made from Cotton Ease. I enjoyed knitting it but I'm unhappy (as always) with the button band. The cute buttons either help by drawing attention to them or hinder by drawing attention to the button band itself, I couldn't decide so I left all of it alone. I packaged it up and sent it on its merry way.



I was however, pleased with the decreases on the back and how nicely they matched.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

once again you out done yourself!!

biddy

Libby said...

Lovely. I really like that Woman's Day pattern, and yours turned out cute. I'm never happy with my button bands, but always too lazy to really fix them.

Knitting Needle Sizes said...

Your hats and the sweater are so impressive.The patterns are so beautiful, nice colors too. Absolutely awesome! They are perfect for gift-giving.