Monday, February 9, 2009

Post Christmas - Way Post

I've been knitting a lot lately. I got Mom's sweater done before Christmas even though I had to order more yarn from California (Johanna, from the store we rode our bikes to - and it was CLOSED). I got the exact yarn, right down to the dye lot! Impossible to repeat - the Christmas angels were on my side. Mom seemed to like the sweater. I'm sorry to say I forgot to take a picture of it. I even made the buttons, well, Cece and I did. It was a fun project all the way around.

I've made lots of hats, 2 Hanna (name of pattern from Ravelry), a couple Calorimetries (sp?), winter witch mittens (for me), a Starwars hat for Will which was horrible and has since been frogged, and my best, current project, a Detroit Red Wings hat for 'Uncle Dickie'. I'm going to mail it tomorrow, so if you read this post, please don't spoil the surprise.

I also made the cutest little raglan sleeve sweater - from yarn that I bought in NYC about 2 years ago. I made a ribbed head band and a soccer ball too. I made a scarf for 'Big Dog' aka Uncle Phil, and a neck warmer for one of the nurses at work. I'll upload some photos soon.

It's February and I've already fallen off the yarn wagon, I've bought a few skeins here and there . . . you don't need the details.

Sorry for the jumbled post, I'll do a better job next time. Photos to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad I was part of the yarn purchasing in Cali.